Saturday, June 23, 2007

Rain, rain, rain

As soon as they finished the floor and exterior walls, it started raining. Huge downpour on Wed, with another hard rain overnight. Then rain again on Thurs and Fri and it's been cloudy and cool all day today, Sat.

CK says he's tried all kinds of things to keep the rain off the flooring, etc. and he says nothing really works well, so they just let it rain and let things dry out.
2nd floor lumber is supposed to arrive Mon., so we'll see how soon they can get the house enclosed and how much it continues to rain. Why did I know this was going to happen?

We have not been out to the site since Tues and on Thurs I knew it was too muddy to
even easily get to the house. So I don't know what things look like or how much water
is in the basement - probably not much as it would have to go in the one basement window or through the cutout for the stairs. We'll take a look at it this weekend.

Went over the lighting diagram again with CK and made a list of what fixtures I need to purchase, so A, if you can go shopping the week of July 4th sometime, we can take a look and see what's available and what will work. We can also look at towel racks and discuss faucets.

M.F.H.

No comments: