Saturday, June 23, 2007

More on exterior colors

These photos don't look so good. I don't know if I mis-set something on L's camera, but it isn't dealing well with the lines of the siding and roofs. (rooves?)

CK was over yesterday with actual samples. We narrowed it down to either Victorian gray (a medium gray) with a blue roof or Village green (a medium mossy green) with
a light brown roof called Amber. L does not like the green - so the choice may be
gray w/ blue. Or I could go with an off-white with blue, but the windows wouldn't stand out then and with the nice insets that will be in the center of the front windows, I think it would be nice to have the window noticeable.

The gray house pictured in the previous entry is directly across from my house and is a bit darker than I would probably do, but it doesn't look dark in the photo. As I said before, I do like the whitish house, but you can compare it to the beige house and see what I mean about the windows standing out.

M.F.H.

No comments: