The island will be 3 x 6. I like a waterfall edge for the countertops. I really like the wrap under edge, but D says that's an extra $4/ft. If I use a waterfall edge on the island, it can only be for 2 sides, or I could have a square or beveled edge for the island that would be all 4 sides. I'm also considering that I really like a solid surface called Meganite, but it costs 4 times what Formica costs. I possibly could use it just for the island.
Formica isn't just smooth and flat and matte any more. They are trying to make it look more like stone. Some of it has texture or is more shiny. I don't really like them and they cost more.
I brought home samples of knobs and handles. I like brushed nickel the best. I think I can find some handles I like. In fact, they have the knob I now have in my bathroom, so I will probably use it in my new bathroom. The problem lies with what combination of knob/handle to use in the kitchen. All knobs? All handles? Knobs on top? Handles only on drawers/knobs on cabinets. A., I will need your experience and advice.
M.F.H.
No comments:
Post a Comment