Friday, June 15, 2007

Kitchen update

Spent over an hour with D, the kitchen guy, so here are more details.

I've decided to go with the Aristokraft cabinets. The upgraded drawers seem pretty identical with the more expensive brand. They are dovetailed, they will fully extend and they will self-close (one you give them a push, if E can even do that). The big
difference is in the cabinet doors. Instead of a thick, solid piece of plain wood, they will be (I don't know the word for it) a frame with an inset panel of wood. They will match the frame with glass door of the upper cabinets and they will be ok. And they will be much more within my budget. I'm trying very hard to stay within the cabinet budget because I know I'm going to go over in lighting and tiling and flooring.

The taller cabinets will be 1 ft. from the ceiling. The lower cabinets will be 2 ft from the ceiling. To make the taller cabinets taller would mean to stack another on top and those are pre-made in specific widths, so that would be difficult to do, So it looks like the cabinets will not extend to the ceiling.

The molding at the top is pretty simple and I have a drawing of it, when I find time to post it. It's called Shaker; it's very plain and actually, I think it would look good stained a color.

M.F.H.

No comments: