Friday, June 15, 2007

Shopping for ceiling fans

Either because I bought property or signed a loan, I've received a lot of junk mail. One was a 10% coupon from Lowe's up to $500. So I thought, I've got to buy the stuff anyway, may as well get some discount.

Ceiling full of fans at the store. Of course the kids are attracted to the multi-colored ones and the ornate Victorian, but when I explained they were going to have white ceilings in their bedrooms, why not pick out a fan that wouldn't stand out, they quickly decided on a good fan, M&E both picking the same one. L did not come with us. I found one I thought would be ok for my room, but it was special order and I just wanted to buy things that day. I may go back and order it.

So I thought, ok, let's look at outdoor lights. CK had told me to get big ones for each side of the garage door so they won't be
lost in that large wall. Well, they had really big ones that looked like they hung from hooks, but they really were attached to the wall in the back and they had lots of little ones I liked, So I picked a craftsman style that turned out to be discountinued. There wasn't anything else I liked, so I went to look at bathroom lights.

And I wasn't really sure what to get there, so I did find one track type light for the hallway that I like, but will have to see if it will work there.

A few days later I had a chance to look at Menard's. I didn't like anything there. So that leaves Home Depot, or finding something on line or in another city or settling for what's available. Which seems to be the story of my life. It seems to take me
years to find exactly what I like, but I don't think I can go without lights for that long.

M.F.H.

No comments: