Thursday, June 21, 2007

Siding colors





When I find the time on Sat. I hope to add the siding colors I like best. The homes in the subdivision are mostly beige - light, medium and dark. The nice thing about beige is that it makes the white window frames and trim stand out. Bad thing - too many beige houses. There are also white, off white, light yellow. I like the off white, but then I worry that the trim doesn't stand out, or maybe it doesn't have to. I also like the green, but I haven't seen a 2 story house in green, so it's hard for me to envision it. And if I do off white, then what color do I choose for the fake stone around the front door - off white? I wouldn't want something darker. And maybe fake limestone would like fine with off white. So once I get the photos on line, tell me what you think.

Roof color - I do like a white house with a blue roof. Again, I don't know if a blue roof is acceptable to the developer - all houses there now are shades of brown if I remember correctly.

The house I like best is the off white with the blue door. How would it look with a blue roof?

I have tried out colors at sights that let you do so, but the colors look too garish. I can't manage to combine colors that look good together.

M.F.H.

No comments: