Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Second story

The second story was added last week. This week the roof trusses are laying in the yard, but may not go up until next week. The crew has another house they are working on and CK is on vacation.

Some of our friends have stopped out to have a look and they are all enthusiastic.

It is exciting to walk through the rooms and get an idea of their size. Like walking through a floor plan that has become 3-D. The windows are huge.

I've been buying light fixtures. Some at Lowe's. Was at Home Depot last Sat. and left my wallet there. Just realized it last night, so drove up today and picked it up. Took off work. Kids went swimming with babysitter. Pool closed early because of ballet tonight so good thing I could pick them up early.

Found things I liked at both stores. Also lots of ideas for pocket doors. I think I will order the outdoor lights at Target. I haven't seen anything I like locally.

Now am working at chosing siding and shingles. Everyone has a different opinion. Will probably go with gray, as no one but me seems to like green and the larger green sample that arrived today seems very light.

Will post photos when I can find the time.

M.F.H.

No comments: