I got to hold the surveying stick while we looked at the lay of the lot. Always wanted to do that. Amazing how many things have to be decided. Where to site the house, how steep the driveway, how much to raise the level of the backyard. Lots of pros and
cons if the house should go towards the east or west side of the lot. So right now, it's going to be 8 ft from the west edge and
(66-44+8) 14 ft. from the east side. The lot is 66 x 120. My backyard will be a bit bigger than what I have now, but not hugely bigger. I still think I can use a walking mower. With the garage 8 ft from the west edge, that still leaves the family room behind the garage 16 ft from the west edge. The yard slopes to the rear, but doesn't drop off like the 2 lots to the east. I don't think anyone will be building to the west of me for awhile. The lot really narrows in the rear.
M.F.H.
No comments:
Post a Comment