Thursday, April 12, 2007

Closing

Today I close on the lot and the construction loan. Woke up to snow this morning.

Yesterday I met with the lawyer. She is the mother of one of L's friends and I've known her since dance started. EDJones wired
the needed money into my account yesterday. The Easter break delayed things, but it looks like all will work out. I can see that parenting, and/or adopting has made me confident that all will work out.Or else I just don't have much time to worry.

On Mon. night I spent an hr. with CK, the contractor, going over changes that Joe suggested. Joe spent most of his Easter vacation planning and redrawing my house plans. I can understand why CK suggested things as he did, but Joe simplified things and made them more - what's the word symmetrical or right angled. More straight lines that run through the house. So we are going with a modified Joe plan (CK has to make a little more hallway room outside M's bedroom.) I still hate losing the window in the master bath, but CK was fine with the idea of frosted doors. He still doesn't like pocket doors! So we shall see.

I will try to get copies of the plans posted and photos of the lot (really exciting, ha) and mail the specifications to some of you.

M.H.

No comments: