Monday, January 12, 2009

Snow Evening

No early out today, because Monday is already an early out. But they cancelled after school care and all evening activities. So it was great to stay home. S and I read lots of books. Haven't done that for months. I baked cookies and burned half of them, because I was reading with S. Helped E with homework. Spent at least 1/2 hr. on the phone with the most wonderful Verizon employee on the planet, who helped me and M get her cell phone straightened out. He changed everything and put some more money on her card to make up for problems and changed our calling plan. So will see how quickly she runs through the money.
And I got a nice workout shoveling snow. I am seriously working on diet/exercise.

Only S was distraught by the cancellations because she loves gymnastics and she felt life was so unfair. Still we had a lovely chat in the car about what she remembers from China - eating in a restaurant and sitting in a high chair. Yes, I think she was so impressed by that high chair, she was happy to be adopted. She talks about it all the time. Which only goes to show how limited her orphanage world was.

I am still trying to post photos from my last blog entry. This is quite a challenge. I am having trouble uploading them from home, emailing them to work. I finally copied photos to a disc, but I can't get my other computer to run the disc. Computer incompetent! Alas, that I was born in 1955!

MH

No comments: