Monday, July 26, 2010

Vacation Day

I took the day off. I was up at dawn with the kitties and went out and watered plants
and pulled all the weeds. Then I had time to write a letter, have some tea, get on the
computer, work on the jigsaw puzzle and almost finish painting the downstairs
bathroom before the kids were up.

We had a painting class in the afternoon, made enchiladas for supper, walked
around Weed Park, went down to the riverfront and discovered it was flooded.
Water was like 15 ft higher than normal! Came home and made floats and ate
them on the deck and played Monopoly. Now E&M are making carmel apples.

Yesterday we went to a nearby town where there is a 150 year old ice cream
shop. There was a long line for ice cream. Then we stopped at the farmers
market and bought a lot of blueberries and peaches - both super excellent.
Worth the drive back up there again.

This was just a really nice vacation day - exactly what one should be like. And
the tv was barely turned on.

M.H.

No comments: