I've let almost 2 months slip by. Lots going on.
I finally applied for 4 passports. L's arrived in 2 weeks, but not the others so far. Hers came with no problem, so maybe the others will too - but I have my doubts.
L has finished Driver's Ed and gotten her license. We've looked at cars and plan to buy one this week. She got insured yesterday and started driving on her own. She also has a summer job at the library and M has a summer job mowing a friend's lawn. They've also been volunteering at the library.
We've had 2 months of rain. We've had 7 storm sirens in 2 weeks. I went to visit Mom and she hurt her foot, went to the emergency room, had an allergic reaction to their antibiotics, spent the night in the hospital and now seems her usual self. Of course, I believe none of this would have happened if I hadn't gone to visit her. Again, the emergency room was a complete waste of time. You worry that something is really wrong and they do nothing, or they make things worse. Except for getting stitches, I'm not sure any emergency room visit I've had ended up worth it. All it did was end the anxiety of worrying.
We have a new deck. We have 2 new trees - gingko and redbud. We have lots of new plants. We have a mostly clean house and soon will have a clean garage if we are to put a second car in it.
Kids are horribly bored. We've been watching a LOT of free Family Video movies. Thank you, Family Video. They get a free coupon for every A on their report cards. In this family, that's a lot of free movies.
I'm in a Biggest Loser contest through work. I'm down 6 lbs in about 6 weeks. Have not been hungry until just recently. I plan to keep working on losing all summer. As usual, I am behind on organizing photos, but will try to add some. And I always think of other things I forgot to mention.
M.H.
No comments:
Post a Comment