Finally, the day has arrived. We were to move on Tues, but there was an ice storm. No school. No work - which we've never been closed for a day since I've been here for 24 years. Actually, in town streets were ok, but we stayed in and spent the day packing and baking and relaxing. School was delayed the next morning too.
Today, the movers arrived at 8:45 and had the house loaded in the truck by 10:30. I had everything organized and ready for them - 3 extra days gained me a lot of organizing and more boxes packed. They had to take apart the bunk bed and the day bed. Then they only had to drive 2 miles up the street to our new house. They had everything unloaded there by 12:15.
It's kind of giddy to think we'll be living there now. Exciting to rearrange the furniture and get everything in it's new place. I'm looking forward to deciding where everything will go in the kitchen.
Right now the cat is playing with little bits of trash left on the floor. Nibbles stayed shut in the bathroom and when I let him out he was not too happy to see everything gone. He really hates the new house - because it's new and because it was empty. So I hope he'll also be excited to explore our old furniture in a new location. Right now he is having fun hopping around. And I'm doing load after load of bed linens. Kids each have a laundry basket full of clean clothes to move over and a lot of their clothes went over in their dresser drawers.
After the movers left, I drove over to the Y and walked around on their trails. The ice still remains on the trees, though today it is melting more. I've never seen ice remain 4 days. Every tree and bush is gorgeous and the town has been like a fairyland this week. First thing in the morning, everything is frosty white. When the sun comes out, everything glistens and at night, the
street lights turn all the trees white. I've taken lots of photos and I'll post some.
M.F.H.
No comments:
Post a Comment