Friday, September 21, 2007

Siding, drywall, formica, bannisters, doors

A lot going on at the moment. I understand the siders have finally started on the final wall, the front of the house. It seems like they started a month ago.

On Mon. the ceilings will be finished and they'll start doing the walls.

I spent the day out of town comparing backsplash tile samples to formica and meganite samples,

Then I went and talked to the stained glass shop.

Then stopped at the door/bannister company where I picked out doors, newell posts, bannisters, ballisters, door knobs and even saw some cabinet knobs I like. Fortunately for me, I like plain and simple and that's usually the cheapest and often what they have in stock. Their stock doorknobs and handles are very nice.

When the kids get home from school, will go out and look at the house. Haven't been there since Tues. Seemed like not much is happening.

I also talked yesterday to the mortgage people and to EDJones and figured out the financials.

And I have the name of the landscaper to call. So lots to do and I especially need to add some photos.

M.F.H.

No comments: