Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Almost the New Year

Christmas is over. Almost New Year's. I haven't had time to say or post any photos. I took 4 hours off work today and what a difference that made. Didn't do anything exciting - ran errands. No activities tonight so I played chess with E - she won and I played Mancala with S and she won twice and I watched a DVD of my choosing and not another episode of Hannah Montana or Wizards of Waverly. Please..... I would rather watch endless reruns of Gilligan's Island - which is what I did do as a child.

We had a nice family xmas. I'm still working at mailing xmas cards. I have about a doz. done.

I'm not thinking about resolutions this year, because I never keep them. I'm more fantasizing about what I wish the new year would be like - lots of money - enough for me to work part time, my excess weight would just melt away with wishful thinking, my kids would continue to excel in school and in their chosen activities - now that is likely to be the one thing to come true. That work will continue to be fun and new and interesting. And that I will quilt and catch up on scrapbooks and not procrastinate about anything. Yeah, there are a lot of things I would like, but honestly, I've got it really good and should appreciate what I have.

Happy New Year if I'm not back for a few weeks,

MH

No comments: