Shingles are on - Estate Gray. Pella vinyl windows and sliding door is in. Village green siding is on order and so is front door. Also other exterior doors, I assume. Talked with plumber Wed. night and picked out faucets and shower fittings and kitchen sink and only went about $160 over my plumbing budget. Then met with plumber and wife (they work as a team) and chose where to place exterior faucets - decided on 3, rather than 2 - that was $60 of my over budget.
The plumbing is pex tubing, so there are red and blue tubes running through the structure. I'm curious to see where they all merge in the basement.
Now wish the doors would arrive, so that the house could be enclosed. The new windows are nice! Quite happy with them and that the panes are only on the top half.
Spent over an hour with A. at the flooring store. We'd already picked out carpet and the Durastone for the entry/laundry/bath (American Slate Arizona Rust). Will likely go ahead and get Wilsonart laminate in Black Cherry for the downstairs - just exactly what I have in the kitchen now. I like it, so why not use it again, or something very similar. Also picked out a white marble with some light gray streaks in it (American Slate White Cool White) Durastone for the 2 upstairs baths. The whole main floor will be either laminate or Durastone. I'd considered carpet in the family room, but I think all hard floors on the main floor is the best choice. I'd do them throughout the whole house if I could afford it. SO MUCH EASIER to clean.
What remains is countertops and island top - which I think I will do with solid surface. I like one called Mega-something. Meganite? They have tons of lovely granite looks and a gorgeous translucent blue which isn't on their website.
Yes, I'm splurging on the kitchen and flooring and exterior lighting, but buying poor quality or buying something other than what I want just doesn't make sense. There's no way I'm going to have a kitchen that is less nice than the one I currently have. And I've learned that I'll never to satisfied if I settle for what's available. I may as well wait for what I really like.
M.F.H.
No comments:
Post a Comment